- Cost savings - No need for other floor coverings when the slab is used as the finished floor surface.
- Longer life - Polished floors do not damage as easily as other flooring and do not need replacing ever.
- Easy to clean - from dust, dirt, allergens.
- Color choice - wide variety of colors and designs.
- More resistant to high foot traffic than other flooring choices.
- Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring only occasional damp mopping.
- Polished concrete does not require hazardous coatings, cleaners or adhesives and hence is a safer floor to clean and maintain.
Almost any structurally sound concrete floor, whether new or old, can be polished. But there are some exceptions.
For new floors, it is advised to use 32mpa concrete to achieve good results but if this has not been acheived we can assess the surface by a trial area being ground to see if it is still suitable. We do also advise that the floor has been laid for at least 28 days before polishing begins to enable the curing process. We are also happy to discuss the requirements for this type of finish with your chosen concretor prior to the concrete being laid.